Join us to learn more about ‘New Tunisia, New Opportunities’ on the 5th May at 10 am (ET). This webinar, in collaboration with Tunisian Embassy in Ottawa, Trade Commissioner Services and the Toronto Region Board of Trade, will explore new trade & investment opportunities, new regulations that have been implemented to attract trade & investment and Canadian business successes in Tunisia.
Trade relations between Canada and Tunisia are expanding and Canada is determined to pursue new opportunities to strengthen trade ties between the two countries and expand bilateral investments. Tunisia presents valuable business opportunities for Canada in the sectors of
- information and communications technology, and
Canada and Tunisia have started negotiations with a view to concluding an Agreement on the promotion and protection of foreign investments and a Social Security Convention. In 2019, the two-way merchandise trade totaled CAD $ 239 million. Canadian exports were $ 98 million and imports were $ 141.5 million. The main commodities exported by Canada to Tunisia were grains and textile articles, and the main Canadian imports from Tunisia were olive oil, salt and dates. In 2019, Canadian direct investments in Tunisia amounted to $ 57 million.
For program and speakers profile, please click here
To view the Presentations, please click on the following links:
- Presentation by Beligh Ben Soltane, Director General, Tunisian Investment Authority
- Presentation by Abdelbasset Ghanmi, General Manager of the Invest in Tunisia Agency – FIPA
- Presentation by Samir Abid, Deputy General Director of the Tunisian Export Promotion Center (CEPEX)
- Presentation by Hassen Mseddi, M.Sc., Country Manager – Finlogik Tunisie (A Canaccord Genuity Group Company) – (ICT)
- Presentation by Serge Blondeau, Principal Administrator, Consortium for International Development in Education (CIDE Inc.) (Education)